Methylated Spirits is also known as Industrial Methylated Spirits and IMS95. 95% industrial ethanol commonly used as a general purpose cleaner and a component of many chemical cleaning formulations.
- Clear, colourless liquid miscible in water and hydrocarbon solvents.
- Used in industrial cleaning formulations, coatings reducer formulations and laboratory reagents.
- Commonly used in glass and tile cleaning.
- Is soluble in water and hence can be extended with water to provide economy in cleaning tasks.
- Versatility – Methylated Spirits is readily available and inexpensive.
It is often a suitable alternative to Isopropyl Alcohol where solubility is not critical or can be assisted by other formula components.
Please consult the MSDS on Methylated Spirits before use.